- Yes. Any diesel engine can use Sunshine Renewable Diesel Fuel.
- Sadly no. Diesel engines use extreme compression force to ignite their fuel. Gasoline engines use milder compression with a spark plug to assist in igniting the fuel. So fuel for gasoline engines must be much easier to burn than diesel fuel. E85 Ethanol, Natural Gas alternative fuel conversions, and hybrid options are the only thing available for gasoline engines at present.
- Comparably the same. Diesel fuel has a measureable amount of energy potential per gallon. This energy is measured in British Thermal Units (Btu’s). There is more energy in Diesel in the summer than in the winter but on average there are about 130,000 Btu per gallon. Sunshine Renewable Diesel has 129,629 Btu per gallon.
- Typically better. That depends on whether we are talking about B100 or B20. Fuel’s have a measureable amount of energy potential per gallon. This energy is measured in British Thermal Units (Btu’s). B100 pure Biodiesel has on average 122,606 Btu per gallon which is about 5-7% less than Petroleum Diesel which has 130,500 Btu. Sunshine Renewable Diesel has 129,629 Btu per gallon so there is more energy per gallon compared to Biodiesel.
- On a medium or low speed diesel there are no additional maintenance expenses when using Sunshine Renewable Diesel. On a high speed diesel engine there will need to be a alternative fuel system installed, so an annual checkup for that system is recommended.
- At our partner locations that offer Sunshine Renewable Diesel at their pump it is always available. We also deliver both less than tanker loads (275 – 1,000 gallons) and tanker loads (6,500 gallons) if requested. Since our fuel is not considered toxic or a hazardous material like Diesel you can store it for months in plastic containers and use inexpensive pumps and meters to dispense it at your fleet facility. It is also perfectly easy to integrate into your current Diesel infrastructure.
- Currently we have available capacity for 200,000 gallons per month. This can be doubled with about 60 days notice.
Will you guarantee our discount and availability of fuel after we install the Alternativel Fuel system?
- Of course, we establish an initial discount to assure your ROI in 90 days then offer a fixed delivery term discount from the diesel market price in your area. As fuel prices go up you save more, as the go down you continue to save the same percentage.
- While this technology has been under development for 6 years we have not advertised it or offered it to the general public until now. We have had fleets using it for years and that number has been growing through word of mouth. We now have enough spare capacity to confidently deliver quality product to those who are interested in saving money.
- This technology does not make economic sense for low volume diesel users. Typically you need to be using 50 gallons per day to see an ROI in 6 months. However we have many customers that want to do the right thing for America’s energy independence and environment even though their payback is closer to a year or more with a sedan.
- That depends on the speed of your engine which is measured by RPM. If your diesel engine is in a typical car, truck, bus, or small home generator and has an RPM range of over 1,000 RPM then you will need a alternative fuel system to use Sunshine Renewable Diesel.
- If you have a big diesel engine in a large generator, yacht, ship, train, or industrial application that does not operate over 1,000 RPM then you can use our fuel as a drop in ULTRA Low Sulfur fuel without changes.
- Sunshine Renewable diesel is very similar in character to Biodiesel except that it is thicker. Thickness of fuels are described as “viscosity” and measured in Centistokes (Cst) units. Your diesel engine was designed to spray a liquid hydrocarbon fuel we know as “Diesel” which is about 2-5 Cst at 40 C. Biodiesel is typically a bit thicker ranging up to 7 Cst at 40 C. In order for the fuel system and injectors in your diesel engine to spray properly, Sunshine Renewable Diesel must have its thickness, typically 32 Cst, reduced by heat in the alternative fuel system so it sprays atomizes like Biodiesel or diesel.
- We can provide you with an EPA approved Alternative Fuel Conversion System for any diesel engine.
- Sunshine Renewable Diesel is priced at a discount from the market in such a way that you are guaranteed ROI in about 90 days then guaranteed a discount from market for the term of your use.
- Yes we can arrange financing for your conversion through our bank partnerships or through a take and pay fuel supply contract which is not solely credit score based. Call to learn more.
- Warranties for engines absolutely do not cover damage by fuels. Your warranty offers no protection from bad diesel, bad biofuel, or water contamination. You are totally exposed regardless of what fuel you use when it comes to your motors warranty. Be sure to examine your fuel providers and stick with reliable sources. Once diesel leaves the terminal to the gas station it is not guaranteed by the oil company. It is up to that station or distributor to manage the quality so risk abounds.
- No. And it is up to the dealer or OEM to prove in court at their expense that your modification created the injury to the equipment. This is protected by Federal Law under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act:”In order to improve the adequacy of information available to consumers, prevent deception, and improve competition in the marketing of consumer products, any warrantor warranting a consumer product to a consumer by means of a written warranty shall . . . fully and conspicuously disclose in simple and readily understood language the terms and conditions of such warranty. Such rules . . . require inclusion in the written warranty of any . . . exceptions and exclusions from the terms of the warranty.”- Magnuson-Moss Warranty – Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act, section 2302(a)
- In a word, Yes. We stand behind our product 100%. However both the customer and the fuel manufacturer have responsibilities to assure that the engines are not damaged regardless of what fuel is used and this relationship is no different. We guarantee our spec when we deliver our fuel and that that specification of fuel with the correct engine maintenance program and alternative fuel system use will not cause premature wear and tear. In fact, Sunshine Renewable Diesel has twice the lubricating performance that diesel does.
- We do also offer a full Guarantee program for customers that wish to eliminate all practical risk with this new fuel. This program is administered by Premium 2000 and Sunshine Biofuels and requires the use of our fuels and suppliers for both Sunshine Renewable Diesel and Petroleum Diesel, the use of a alternative fuel system if fueling a high speed engine, Plantomot motor oil with changes as indicated by oil analysis, and enrollment in our motor oil testing program to monitor engine wear and hidden maintenance issues. There is an upfront fee but if anything breaks on your engine we handle it in one of Premium 2000’s hundreds of locations on our dime.
- Yes, permitting the system is in proper state and this is a great way to take the cost of time and risk out of your fuel gathering and refining efforts.
What is the difference between Used cooking oil (UCO), Waste Vegetable oil (WVO), and Sunshine Renewable diesel?
- Used Cooking oil described in slang as “Waste Vegetable Oil” is the waste product from restaurants and food processors that after they use various types of hydrogenated and non-hydrogenated vegetable oil products to transfer heat evenly to foods. Each type of oil has different properties and degrees of carbon saturation leading to different fuel feedstock performance. Hydrogenated oils which are very popular are terrible fuel feedstocks. In most scenarios these oils are used in open fryers at hundreds of degrees with both frozen (water filled) and not frozen food items where the oil becomes contaminated with food particles and water. It can be used past the oils useful life damaging the carbohydrate chain and encouraging the formation of peroxides and broken free fatty acids chains that are unreliable for use with fuel. In addition UCO can contain Magnasol powder which is used by some processors to reduce FFA and other silicates or small particles that are not easy to remove with even 1 Micron filters. These small free particles can scour the fuel system of a diesel engine (think sand blaster at 10,000 psi) causing fast wear and tear. After the initial contamination with food. The UCO is then typically discarded into an unsealed container where it can be further contaminated by rain water, trash, motor oil, and everything in between. When traded on the open commodity market after removal of gross free water down to 2% this material is called “Yellow Grease” and is still absolutely not safe to be use as a fuel for diesel engines. We have experimented with lightly refined UCO as fuel and to our disappointment had many engine or fuel system failures. If it worked we would be doing it, I assure you.
This guy on you tube told me... My buddies sisters cousin said they have run used cooking oil fuel for years without issues.
- That is awesome and we love that people experiment. It is anecdotal success stories like those that inspired us to begin our quest to manufacture fuels. But did he/she also point out a word of caution in that sweet video? How about the fact that a typical one-ton truck’s diesel engine useful life span (miles before significant overhaul is scheduled) is typically over 250,000 miles? Did they mention that well maintained diesel engines in this category have operated out to 500,000 miles without significant repair od Diesel fuel? That the average American drives less than 12,000 miles per year? So it might take the average American diesel owner 10 – 20 years to reach that potential and see how well the plan worked out? Or did he/she “convert the truck/car and a year later decide to tell the world how wrong the ASTM, API, DIN, and ASE collectively are because he/she ran 80,000 miles on filtered UCO?
- As a group Sunshine Biofuels supports experimentation and tinkering to an individual’s own level of comfort and financial risk. This process along with significant research and practicum over 8 years is how we developed our Sunshine Renewable Diesel product. It is our opinion that fuel price economy should not come at the expense of engine life or unquantifiable risk, otherwise it is a penny wise dollar stupid pursuit. Yes, a diesel engine will run on plant oil from the grocery store if you fill that tank and run it. Since the Farmer’s almanac in 1920’s this has been uncommon knowledge to all but farmers. All extended studies of plant oil based non-transesterified fuels with unmodified diesels to date however have uniformly shown failures without proper alternative fuel management technology and fuel specification management. The best example of this concept is in Germany where there are hundreds of thousands of diesels running on alternative fuel systems with 100% rapeseed oil for fuel as you read this. You can trust our fuel to deliver real savings without risk.